Thicket thigh envy
EARLY on Sunday morning, I enjoyed a pleasant walk with my dogs along the improved Thicket pathway. The sun was shafting through the trees, while the birds sang in praise of a job well done. Unlike Lorna Watkins (Letters, April 17), I was barely aware of the safety posts.
I assume Lorna is not disabled, in a wheelchair, partially-sighted or pushing a buggy: otherwise she would appreciate what has been done. This great amenity is for everyone, not just the few.
Over time, the banks will green up to cover the evidence of trauma.
I hope Sustrans will fund a similar improvement to the right of way from the Thicket to Houghton, which is in the same state the Thicket [path] was before the upgrade. This might mean ‘more cyclists’ – so what?
I just hope Lorna will be able to take her eyes off their bulging thighs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital