They’ve bin good – credit to council for good service
I GUESS it’s all too easy to complain about the local services we take for granted. So I want to say how pleased I am with the services I recently received.
Unfortunately my green wheelie bin was missed for two collections in a row. I phoned Huntingdonshire District Council’s helpline and spoke to a lovely lady who apologised spoke for the error, offering to have my bin collect with the next two to three days. I declined as I did not want the refuse collection workers to make a special journey.
However, on the second occasion the bin was missed I phoned again and spoke to another helpful lady. This time I accepted the offer of having the bin collected as I was concerned about the food waste becoming attractive to flies and then producing the dreaded maggots (with the slight chance of warmer weather coming!)
Two days later my wheelie bin was collected which I am very pleased about. To go even better than that a lovely chap from HDC called round to check that my bin had been emptied. Wow! That is good service. Thank you.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'