The Uncool – new acoustic night in Cambridge
THE Uncool Night – a new acoustic night – is being launched on Monday, August 27 at CB2 in Cambridge by me and a group of like-minded friends. Our few bands will be in semi-residence at the night which we hope will attract fans of indie, folk and acoust
THE Uncool Night - a new acoustic night - is being launched on Monday, August 27 at CB2 in Cambridge by me and a group of like-minded friends.
Our few bands will be in semi-residence at the night which we hope will attract fans of indie, folk and acoustic music - and especially those who like the sound of those genres melded together onstage all at once.
The inaugural night will see performances from Fenstanton's Tom Tilbury, Cambridge's Kerry Lambert, Huntingdon's Gabrielle and my own group Alighting, from St Ives.
We hope that between the acts there will be time to play some folky indie vinyl or MP3s and allow time for drinks and chatting. So, if you're a fan of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, REM, Richard Hawley, Belle and Sebastian or anything that's not quite straight rock, then we hope to see you there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor