The Uncool – new acoustic night in Cambridge
THE Uncool Night – a new acoustic night – is being launched on Monday, August 27 at CB2 in Cambridge by me and a group of like-minded friends. Our few bands will be in semi-residence at the night which we hope will attract fans of indie, folk and acoust
THE Uncool Night - a new acoustic night - is being launched on Monday, August 27 at CB2 in Cambridge by me and a group of like-minded friends.
Our few bands will be in semi-residence at the night which we hope will attract fans of indie, folk and acoustic music - and especially those who like the sound of those genres melded together onstage all at once.
The inaugural night will see performances from Fenstanton's Tom Tilbury, Cambridge's Kerry Lambert, Huntingdon's Gabrielle and my own group Alighting, from St Ives.
We hope that between the acts there will be time to play some folky indie vinyl or MP3s and allow time for drinks and chatting. So, if you're a fan of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, REM, Richard Hawley, Belle and Sebastian or anything that's not quite straight rock, then we hope to see you there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online