The lost wedding
WHILE rummaging through my attic, I came across all my old cine film from way back in the 1950s to the early 1970s, so I decided to transfer them onto video, then finally onto DVD. When sorting through them I found a reel of film of someone s day out at
WHILE rummaging through my attic, I came across all my old cine film from way back in the 1950s to the early 1970s, so I decided to transfer them onto video, then finally onto DVD.
When sorting through them I found a reel of film of someone's day out at London Airport, which I put to one side as it did not relate to my personal films.
However, when finishing my project I decided to have a quick look at the airport film before putting my projector to bed.
I discovered it contained only about 100 feet of film on that subject. On threading the remainder of the film I found the film of a wedding that took place in Ramsey at Thomas a Becket Church between Robert Goodman and Ethal Bryan on March 22, 1969. I haven't a clue how to contact the couple, but I would dearly love them to have this film, as it must be full of treasured memories.
How I came by the film is a bit of a mystery. The only explanation I can give is that, when stationed at RAF Upwood, I bought my projector from a S J Ellington and he gave me the film of the airport just to demonstrate the projector's capabilities, not realising that the wedding film was there. Of course, in all those years it has remained in its box.
Can any reader put me in touch with Mr and Mrs Goodman to let them have the film? I can be reached on 01677 422093.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
LAURIE GRAHAM, Bedale, North Yorkshire