The lost wedding
WHILE rummaging through my attic, I came across all my old cine film from way back in the 1950s to the early 1970s, so I decided to transfer them onto video, then finally onto DVD. When sorting through them I found a reel of film of someone s day out at
WHILE rummaging through my attic, I came across all my old cine film from way back in the 1950s to the early 1970s, so I decided to transfer them onto video, then finally onto DVD.
When sorting through them I found a reel of film of someone's day out at London Airport, which I put to one side as it did not relate to my personal films.
However, when finishing my project I decided to have a quick look at the airport film before putting my projector to bed.
I discovered it contained only about 100 feet of film on that subject. On threading the remainder of the film I found the film of a wedding that took place in Ramsey at Thomas a Becket Church between Robert Goodman and Ethal Bryan on March 22, 1969. I haven't a clue how to contact the couple, but I would dearly love them to have this film, as it must be full of treasured memories.
You may also want to watch:
How I came by the film is a bit of a mystery. The only explanation I can give is that, when stationed at RAF Upwood, I bought my projector from a S J Ellington and he gave me the film of the airport just to demonstrate the projector's capabilities, not realising that the wedding film was there. Of course, in all those years it has remained in its box.
Can any reader put me in touch with Mr and Mrs Goodman to let them have the film? I can be reached on 01677 422093.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 10 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
LAURIE GRAHAM, Bedale, North Yorkshire