The free-dom to learn a new skill
A FREE fun and learning day for all ages takes place in Ramsey, on Saturday – and there are even free buses to and from the event. The session, called Something For You, is at Ramsey Baptist Church, in Great Whyte, and includes free classes on computer sk
A FREE fun and learning day for all ages takes place in Ramsey, on Saturday - and there are even free buses to and from the event.
The session, called Something For You, is at Ramsey Baptist Church, in Great Whyte, and includes free classes on computer skills, flower arranging, making greetings cards, digital photography, aerobics, and first aid training with St John Ambulance.
There will also be a free-to-enter balloon race all morning in Ramsey Market with a prize for the balloon which travels the furthest.
For children, there will be entertainment with Mr Magic and face-painting, drinks and light refreshments. The day is sponsored by Ramsey Learning Community, backed by Huntingdonshire District Council with money from The East of England Development Agency (EEDA).
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that the free learning and fun day in Ramsey will be the first of several community projects in the town.
By the end of this month, the organisers, Ramsey Learning Community, based in the Community Learning Centre in Great Whyte, are hoping to have four "resource boxes".
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
These are boxes of equipment which they will be able to lend free to community groups.
Each box will contain different things but will include computers, printers, laminators, guillotines and digital cameras.
The project is also inviting people to come forward willing to be "learning champions" or tutors.
INFORMATION: To volunteer as a learning champion, contact Julie Drummond on 07738 642 057 or Lynn Barber on 07971 806 397.