The biggest sleepover
MORE than 100 Huntingdonshire beaver scouts travelled around the world in 18 hours during a big sleepover held in St Ives. The 152 beaver scouts came together for what is believed to have been the biggest scout sleepover ever to have been held in Cambrid
MORE than 100 Huntingdonshire beaver scouts travelled around the world in 18 hours during a big sleepover held in St Ives.
The 152 beaver scouts came together for what is believed to have been the biggest scout sleepover ever to have been held in Cambridgeshire.
Taking place at Westfield Junior Schoool and the Copley Scout centre, the Big Sleepover, was held last month.
Beavers enjoyed games and challenges that were inspired by different countries around the world.
You may also want to watch:
The mayor of St Ives, Councillor Deborah Reynolds, sent the beavers on their first adventure in search of the lost Mayan Gold in Central America followed by an African Safari, a walk along the Great Wall of China and an exploration of some Spanish caves.
The event, which had taken 18 months to organise, was part of the Centenary of Scouting celebrations.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Sue Best, event co-ordinator, said: "There has never been an event like this before. We are so grateful to Westfield School, in particular Stuart McCarthy, head teacher, and caretaker, Nev Runham. We had the help of over 70 adults for the weekend and without their support an event like this could never have taken place."
INFORMATION: Beaver Scouts is open to boys and girls aged between six and eight. Visit www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk