The biggest sleepover
MORE than 100 Huntingdonshire beaver scouts travelled around the world in 18 hours during a big sleepover held in St Ives. The 152 beaver scouts came together for what is believed to have been the biggest scout sleepover ever to have been held in Cambrid
MORE than 100 Huntingdonshire beaver scouts travelled around the world in 18 hours during a big sleepover held in St Ives.
The 152 beaver scouts came together for what is believed to have been the biggest scout sleepover ever to have been held in Cambridgeshire.
Taking place at Westfield Junior Schoool and the Copley Scout centre, the Big Sleepover, was held last month.
Beavers enjoyed games and challenges that were inspired by different countries around the world.
The mayor of St Ives, Councillor Deborah Reynolds, sent the beavers on their first adventure in search of the lost Mayan Gold in Central America followed by an African Safari, a walk along the Great Wall of China and an exploration of some Spanish caves.
The event, which had taken 18 months to organise, was part of the Centenary of Scouting celebrations.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
Sue Best, event co-ordinator, said: "There has never been an event like this before. We are so grateful to Westfield School, in particular Stuart McCarthy, head teacher, and caretaker, Nev Runham. We had the help of over 70 adults for the weekend and without their support an event like this could never have taken place."
INFORMATION: Beaver Scouts is open to boys and girls aged between six and eight. Visit www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk