The best option
THE Hinchingbrooke Hospital Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committee, comprising councillors mostly from outside the area served by the hospital, may doubt whether the Hinchingbrooke plan for financial balance and sustainable services will work (The Hunts Po
THE Hinchingbrooke Hospital Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committee, comprising councillors mostly from outside the area served by the hospital, may doubt whether the Hinchingbrooke plan for financial balance and sustainable services will work (The Hunts Post, March 21) but the Hinchingbrooke consultants feel it is by far the best option for at least the next two years.
It plans to keep the whole range of medical services currently available at an affordable price for the Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust, the main purchasers for medical care from Hinchingbrooke, and keep the hospital in financial balance.
Consultants realise future months will require very careful planning but, with the expected co-operation with local GPs and astute streamlined ways of working, consultants believe it is achievable. The plan delivers both financial stability and many of the expectations of the Department of Health for change in health practice.
This will make Hinchingbrooke a very modern hospital which will be in the vanguard of health organisations providing excellent care in new ways.
You may also want to watch:
Readers of The Hunts Post and all the local population should support the Hinchingbrooke Plan as do the hospital consultants.
CATHERINE HUBBARD, Consultant Radiologist and Chairman of the Hinchingbrooke Medical Advisory Committee
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 7 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson