Diversion routes in place amid A428 road closures this week
- Credit: Archant
The A428 between St Neots and the Caxton Gibbet roundabout will be closed this week to allow repair work to be carried out.
Routine maintenance activities along the A428 started on Monday and will take place until Friday.
The road will be closed between 9pm and 5am, with two full closures of the A428 in both directions in places, between Cambridge Road roundabout in St Neots and the B1040 Eltisley.
The A428 between te Caxton Gibbet roundabout and the B1040 turnoff for Papworth Everard will also be closed.
There will be diversion routes for traffic wishing to continue along the A428 towards Cambridge or St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
Those heading eastbound on the A428 from Wyboston are encouraged to take the A1 northbound to Brampton Hut interchange, A14 eastbound to junction 24 Spittals interchange, A1198 southbound before re-joining the A428 at Caxton Gibbet roundabout.
If travelling westbound on the A428, drivers can go to Caxton Gibbet roundabout, take the A1198 northbound to Spittals interchange, A14 westbound to Brampton Hut interchange, A1 southbound, before re-joining the A428 at Wyboston.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
There will also be bridge repairs between the A1/1428 junction at Wyboston taking place this week.
There will be single lanes over the flyover for the duration of the bridge repairs and a series of closures from 9pm to 6am with signed diversions.