Thanks to Mr Medway Centre
MAY I add my thanks and appreciation for the work completed over many years by a very dedicated employee of Huntingdon Town Council, Derek Adams. Derek has for many years been Mr Medway Centre . He has done so much excellent work on the Huntingdon north
MAY I add my thanks and appreciation for the work completed over many years by a very dedicated employee of Huntingdon Town Council, Derek Adams.
Derek has for many years been 'Mr Medway Centre'. He has done so much excellent work on the Huntingdon north and Oxmoor areas in helping to gel the diverse community.
His infectious enthusiasm was a fantastic asset in enabling him to involve so many different factions in so many worthwhile events, the most memorable of which, was the Huntingdon 800 celebrations. He involved so many groups - the Medway Centre walls were bulging at the joints, people of all nationalities working to a common end, Derek doing what he does best -facilitating and guiding everything along to completion.
In my years as a Huntingdon town councillor and mayor, Derek was very supportive, despite the many serious family problems he was experiencing.
As he retires from his role in Huntingdon, he will be sorely missed, but hopefully the Medway Centre will continue to build in strength from the legacy he leaves.
My wife, Claire, and I wish him a long, happy and healthy retirement.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
CLLR JEFF DUTTON
Huntingdonshire District Council