Thanks from the heart
WE would like to thank everybody who took part in the British Heart Foundation spring walk on May 11, for which 86 people – including several businesses that entered teams, and children representing their schools – turned out on a lovely Sunday morning. W
WE would like to thank everybody who took part in the British Heart Foundation spring walk on May 11, for which 86 people - including several businesses that entered teams, and children representing their schools - turned out on a lovely Sunday morning. We are also grateful to the people who sponsored them. More than £2,000 was pledged, which will be put to good use by the BHF.
We would like to thank Peter German, of St Ives, who ran the London Marathon for us and raised £1,450. All the money we raise goes to help beat heart disease.
The presentation for those raising the most sponsorship will be held at Copleys Centre on Friday August 8 at 7.30pm following the annual meeting.
Out next event is the Great Cambridgeshire Run, to be held at Wimpole Hall on Sunday September 14.
President, St Ives branch
- 1 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 9 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 10 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
British Heart Foundation