Thanks from the heart
THE St Ives and District branch of the British Heart Foundation held their annual spring walk on Sunday April 9. I would like to convey my sincere thanks to the 89 people who took part and their families, colleagues and friends for supporting and sponsori
THE St Ives and District branch of the British Heart Foundation held their annual spring walk on Sunday April 9. I would like to convey my sincere thanks to the 89 people who took part and their families, colleagues and friends for supporting and sponsoring them. It is only through the generosity of supporters such as these that the BHF can continue its vital work, which is why their continued support is greatly appreciated.
Over £2,000 has been pledged and I would be grateful if all participants can send all sponsorship money in before May 30. A prize-giving presentation will take place at 7.30pm on June 21 at Copley Scout Centre, Westwood Road, St Ives, followed by the AGM at 8pm.
I would like to express my sincere and grateful thanks to John Miles, who has been our branch secretary and in-memoriam secretary for the past five years. John has recently retired from the branch. He has been a marvellous BHF ambassador and tremendous help to the branch and he will be sorely missed. We wish him well for the future.
Finally, I would like to ask your readers to join our small but friendly BHF fundraising branch. We are a branch of five members and meet one evening in St Ives every four to six weeks. We have several volunteer roles available within our branch, such as event helpers, campaign supporters and branch members.
You may also want to watch:
Over 2.5 million men, women and children are living with some form of heart disease - I'm sure most of you will know someone who has been affected at some time. Without BHF research thousands of hearts might not be beating today. But much more needs to be done.
If you would like to join the BHF St Ives and District branch, please call me on 01480 469557.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
JEAN CHANDLER, Chairman, British Heart Foundation, St Ives and District branch