Thanks for the funds
ON February 29, the Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club of Huntingdon organised a quiz evening at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, in Godmanchester, to raise funds for Young Carers. The club was sponsored by the Co-op in Godmanchester, which generously donated a range of
ON February 29, the Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club of Huntingdon organised a quiz evening at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, in Godmanchester, to raise funds for Young Carers.
The club was sponsored by the Co-op in Godmanchester, which generously donated a range of its Fair Trade wine and food for the event.
I am delighted to say that the evening raised over £500 for Young Carers, which will go some way to providing for these, often unsung, heroes and heroines in our midst.
I would like formally to thank both the Co-op and all those people who came to test their brains and enjoy the fun, and who gave so generously for this good cause.
If anybody is interested in finding out more about what Rotary does to help local charities, please come along to one of our meetings. Formal breakfast meetings are held on the first and third Wednesdays of every month at 7am at the George Hotel.
On the second Wednesday evening, members go out into the community to visit and/or help the sick and disabled, and meet afterwards at 8.30pm in the Black Bull at Brampton. And each fourth Wednesday we have a social evening at local restaurants. Do please contact me if you are interested.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
President, Huntingdon Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club