Thanks for the funds
ON February 29, the Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club of Huntingdon organised a quiz evening at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, in Godmanchester, to raise funds for Young Carers. The club was sponsored by the Co-op in Godmanchester, which generously donated a range of
ON February 29, the Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club of Huntingdon organised a quiz evening at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, in Godmanchester, to raise funds for Young Carers.
The club was sponsored by the Co-op in Godmanchester, which generously donated a range of its Fair Trade wine and food for the event.
I am delighted to say that the evening raised over £500 for Young Carers, which will go some way to providing for these, often unsung, heroes and heroines in our midst.
I would like formally to thank both the Co-op and all those people who came to test their brains and enjoy the fun, and who gave so generously for this good cause.
You may also want to watch:
If anybody is interested in finding out more about what Rotary does to help local charities, please come along to one of our meetings. Formal breakfast meetings are held on the first and third Wednesdays of every month at 7am at the George Hotel.
On the second Wednesday evening, members go out into the community to visit and/or help the sick and disabled, and meet afterwards at 8.30pm in the Black Bull at Brampton. And each fourth Wednesday we have a social evening at local restaurants. Do please contact me if you are interested.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
President, Huntingdon Hinchingbrooke Rotary Club