Thanks for support
I WRITE on behalf of the Huntingdon and district branch of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) to thank the people of Huntingdonshire for supporting our 2007 Battle of Britain Wings Appeal. Over the last 12 months we have collected £7,816 for the appe
I WRITE on behalf of the Huntingdon and district branch of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) to thank the people of Huntingdonshire for supporting our 2007 Battle of Britain Wings Appeal. Over the last 12 months we have collected £7,816 for the appeal at various venues throughout the district.
The RAFA runs three convalescent and respite care centres in the UK. It also supports many smaller sheltered housing schemes, as well as providing help in their own homes to individual serving and ex-RAF personnel and their families who find themselves in difficult circumstances. These projects require over £1.5 million in running costs annually and, without the money collected each year by RAFA branches throughout the country, much of this work would not be possible.
Our thanks go the Tesco in Huntingdon for allowing us to collect on its premises. Thanks also to the Huntingdonshire Concert Band, whose annual Wings Concert was again a great success. Last, but not least, thanks to the members of 73 and 2331 Squadrons of the Air Training Corps, who helped us with the collecting.
However, it is the generosity of the people of Huntingdonshire that made this year another good year for us. Thank you most sincerely. All the money collected will be put to good use.
You may also want to watch:
Wings Appeal Organiser
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic