Thanks for Hunts Xmas lights support
ON behalf of the Huntingdon Christmas Lights Committee, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who came along to the Big Switch-On event in Huntingdon on Sunday November 22. It was a great afternoon packed with a wide variety of entertainment, en
ON behalf of the Huntingdon Christmas Lights Committee, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who came along to the Big Switch-On event in Huntingdon on Sunday November 22.
It was a great afternoon packed with a wide variety of entertainment, ending with the switch on of the Christmas lights from the Town Hall balcony.
I would particularly like to thank all the local groups who performed in Chequers Court and the Market Square, including Huntingdon Community Radio fm. The standard of the performances was exceptionally high, and we have received many compliments. Behind the scenes a team of volunteers makes sure the day goes without a hitch - thank you for your time and energy.
Through a range of grants, donations and fundraising activities we have raised in the region of �12,000. Thank you to everyone who helped us along the way to this amazing target, including businesses who donated hard cash and raffle prizes, fundraising events at the Old Bridge and the Darjeeling, and the Community Matters donation from Waitrose. It has truly been a community event supported by the local Huntingdon community.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon Christmas Lights Committee
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man