Thanks for Hinchingbrooke cancer care
NOTHING can prepare you for how you are going to feel when you are told that you have cancer.
One thing I was not prepared for was the generosity of other people. People have kindly donated items to be put into a raffle and made cakes for a cake sale to raise money for those who are going through breast cancer treatment.
With the money donated, 30 women from the local area enjoyed an evening out at Brampton Golf Cub, where a very good two-course meal was served. It was lovely to look around the room at all the women who had come together on this night, all at varying degrees of treatment. Smiles and laughter and lots of chatting filled the room. At times like these, you are made to feel very special.
Fundraising has started already at the Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, but more funds are needed so that these lovely ladies are able to enjoy more evenings like this so please keep on giving.
I would like to thank anyone who has donated in the past and also I would personally like to thank all of the staff at Woodlands who organise the raffles and cake sales because it is down to them for their time and energy in arranging these, especially to Lynda Hall and Lorraine Walker who make sure that we all have a good time and get home safely.
Lynda and Lorraine are starting fundraising for the next event in December so, if anyone would like to make a donation or donate a raffle prize, call Lynda 01480 363500 or 01480 363516.
- 1 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 2 St Neots man who put 'fear into the lives' of his victims is jailed
- 3 John Caldwell names as new president of rotary club
- 4 Jail for St Neots man described as 'exceptionally dangerous'
- 5 Man sentenced after DNA found on drugs in a Huntingdon home
- 6 Huntingdon and Godmanchester celebrate 40-year twinning anniversary in Germany
- 7 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 8 Public advised to "use water wisely" after driest July since 1935
- 9 Editor Debbie Davies writes about her experience in Soham 20 years ago
- 10 Rotary club donates more than £1,100 to police boxing club