Thanks for all your support
I would like to thank a number of people for all the support they have given me over the past 12 months whilst I was Mayor of Godmanchester. My chosen charity was the East Anglia s Children s Hospices (EACH), specifically the one in Milton. Over the year
I would like to thank a number of people for all the support they have given me over the past 12 months whilst I was Mayor of Godmanchester.
My chosen charity was the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), specifically the one in Milton.
Over the year, we held a number of functions starting with the annual civic service. Many thanks to the Reverend Busk and the parish church council for all their support.
The manager of the new Co-op shop in the town, Adrian White, has been very supportive throughout the year. Before Christmas we organised a skating evening and afterwards we held a Fairtrade event. With the help of the Co-op and St Mary's Church Fairtrade Group, we raised a substantial amount.
You may also want to watch:
In January we held a concert in Godmanchester parish church. The Huntingdon Male Voice Choir was superbly supported by the choirs from Godmanchester Community and St Anne's Church of England Schools.
Again, a really successful event.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
Towards the end of the year, I persuaded Godmanchester's Mark Beagley, about to run the London Marathon, that no one runs marathons "for fun".
So I persuaded him to run it for EACH and, with the help of the staff at the White Hart and a time of just over three hours, we raised even more money.
In a couple of weeks I will be presenting EACH with a cheque for around £3,500, so a great big thank you to all the people and businesses in the town who supported me.