Thanks for all your support
I would like to thank a number of people for all the support they have given me over the past 12 months whilst I was Mayor of Godmanchester. My chosen charity was the East Anglia s Children s Hospices (EACH), specifically the one in Milton. Over the year
I would like to thank a number of people for all the support they have given me over the past 12 months whilst I was Mayor of Godmanchester.
My chosen charity was the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), specifically the one in Milton.
Over the year, we held a number of functions starting with the annual civic service. Many thanks to the Reverend Busk and the parish church council for all their support.
The manager of the new Co-op shop in the town, Adrian White, has been very supportive throughout the year. Before Christmas we organised a skating evening and afterwards we held a Fairtrade event. With the help of the Co-op and St Mary's Church Fairtrade Group, we raised a substantial amount.
In January we held a concert in Godmanchester parish church. The Huntingdon Male Voice Choir was superbly supported by the choirs from Godmanchester Community and St Anne's Church of England Schools.
Again, a really successful event.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
Towards the end of the year, I persuaded Godmanchester's Mark Beagley, about to run the London Marathon, that no one runs marathons "for fun".
So I persuaded him to run it for EACH and, with the help of the staff at the White Hart and a time of just over three hours, we raised even more money.
In a couple of weeks I will be presenting EACH with a cheque for around £3,500, so a great big thank you to all the people and businesses in the town who supported me.