Thank you to all who turned out for our fireworks event
Thank you to the thousands who turned out for the Fireworks in Hemingford on Saturday night.
The round of applause at the end of the fireworks show said it all – it was another spectacular evening, despite the high winds and muddy patches on the field.
Thanks again go to Cambridge Fireworks – based in Hemingford Grey, David Smith St Ives Ltd, the bonfire builders, Magmaker St Ives, Hemingford Directory, St Ives Now, and all the tickets sellers for their contributions.
Hemingford Regatta volunteers, Cromwell Explorer Scouts and the 73 Huntingdon Squadron ATC assured a safe evening with their respective responsibilities and they were joined by St Ives Rowing Club to clean up the field.
The local service groups serving refreshments raised funds for their particular causes and are to be thanked for working with very difficult windy conditions to put on a show.
We shall look forward to supporting other charities and local not-for-profit organisations from the proceeds.
- 1 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 6 OBITUARY: village resident Roma aged 101 dies
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
Fireworks in Hemingford