Thank you to all who turned out for our fireworks event
Thank you to the thousands who turned out for the Fireworks in Hemingford on Saturday night.
The round of applause at the end of the fireworks show said it all – it was another spectacular evening, despite the high winds and muddy patches on the field.
Thanks again go to Cambridge Fireworks – based in Hemingford Grey, David Smith St Ives Ltd, the bonfire builders, Magmaker St Ives, Hemingford Directory, St Ives Now, and all the tickets sellers for their contributions.
Hemingford Regatta volunteers, Cromwell Explorer Scouts and the 73 Huntingdon Squadron ATC assured a safe evening with their respective responsibilities and they were joined by St Ives Rowing Club to clean up the field.
The local service groups serving refreshments raised funds for their particular causes and are to be thanked for working with very difficult windy conditions to put on a show.
You may also want to watch:
We shall look forward to supporting other charities and local not-for-profit organisations from the proceeds.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Man carrying knife 'in the street' closes St Ives primary school
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
Fireworks in Hemingford