Thank you to all who turned out for our fireworks event
Thank you to the thousands who turned out for the Fireworks in Hemingford on Saturday night.
The round of applause at the end of the fireworks show said it all – it was another spectacular evening, despite the high winds and muddy patches on the field.
Thanks again go to Cambridge Fireworks – based in Hemingford Grey, David Smith St Ives Ltd, the bonfire builders, Magmaker St Ives, Hemingford Directory, St Ives Now, and all the tickets sellers for their contributions.
Hemingford Regatta volunteers, Cromwell Explorer Scouts and the 73 Huntingdon Squadron ATC assured a safe evening with their respective responsibilities and they were joined by St Ives Rowing Club to clean up the field.
The local service groups serving refreshments raised funds for their particular causes and are to be thanked for working with very difficult windy conditions to put on a show.
You may also want to watch:
We shall look forward to supporting other charities and local not-for-profit organisations from the proceeds.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
Fireworks in Hemingford