Thank you to all who turned out for our fireworks event
Thank you to the thousands who turned out for the Fireworks in Hemingford on Saturday night.
The round of applause at the end of the fireworks show said it all – it was another spectacular evening, despite the high winds and muddy patches on the field.
Thanks again go to Cambridge Fireworks – based in Hemingford Grey, David Smith St Ives Ltd, the bonfire builders, Magmaker St Ives, Hemingford Directory, St Ives Now, and all the tickets sellers for their contributions.
Hemingford Regatta volunteers, Cromwell Explorer Scouts and the 73 Huntingdon Squadron ATC assured a safe evening with their respective responsibilities and they were joined by St Ives Rowing Club to clean up the field.
The local service groups serving refreshments raised funds for their particular causes and are to be thanked for working with very difficult windy conditions to put on a show.
You may also want to watch:
We shall look forward to supporting other charities and local not-for-profit organisations from the proceeds.
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
Fireworks in Hemingford