Terry Reid 10-date UK tour
HUNTINGDON-BORN rocker Terry Reid is back in Britain for his first shows since his illness-hit winter tour of 2005. The singer, who lived in Bluntisham and went to St Ivo School, has been staying in Needingworth before he embarking on a 10-date tour that
HUNTINGDON-BORN rocker Terry Reid is back in Britain for his first shows since his illness-hit winter tour of 2005.
The singer, who lived in Bluntisham and went to St Ivo School, has been staying in Needingworth before he embarking on a 10-date tour that takes his soulful rock from Brighton to Aberdeen - including two shows at London Dingwalls.
Both London shows are full band performances, while the remainder of the dates are as a duo - with Terry and his guitar accompanied only by piano.
Speaking to Terry this week he explained how the band prepares for the shows without being able to rehearse for weeks prior to them.
"I've sent the band tapes of the songs and we've talked on the phone about how we think it should sound - if we want it to go slower in parts we talk about it and know just what to expect. When we meet up we find we go through all the songs just like that."
He has a new album of tracks available to buy at the upcoming shows.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
While, it's not his own material, he provides "atmospheric vocals'" to the music which sounds like a big departure from traditional rock singing. He is in the process of recording a new album of his own material - a process that that has been delayed recently - but is still in the pipeline.
One new song, Raging Storm, is about hurricane Katrina. "I don't normally write protest songs," he says, "but this just came. It's really something the band can get their teeth into - it starts quiet and builds right up."
INFORMATION : Terry's tour reaches London Dingwalls on Thursday September 14 and Sunday September 24. Tickets are £17.50 from Stargreen Box Office on 020 7734 8932
See www.stargreen.com and www.terryreid.com www.dingwalls.com