Tell us your sights to savour or demolish
EVEN before it is topped out, yet another local authority building comes under Hunts Post readers fire as potentially the worst in the district. The new Combined Courts Centre, which will house magistrates , Crown and County Courts, as well county counci
EVEN before it is topped out, yet another local authority building comes under Hunts Post readers' fire as potentially the worst in the district.
The new Combined Courts Centre, which will house magistrates', Crown and County Courts, as well county council offices and the headquarters of HM Courts Service in the county, is in the sights for its size.
Some readers think it is too tall for the town and out of keeping with its mediaeval and 18th and 19th century neighbours.
By contrast, there is great affection for the 18th century Cowper House - the home of the poet William Cowper - and Cromwell House built in the 19th century on the site of the home in which the Lord Protector was born. He attended the town's grammar school and what survives of this building is now the Cromwell Museum, another favourite with Hunts Post readers.
Next week will be your last chance to nominate the 10 best and worst of the district's bricks and mortar in our fascinating quest to find what you think are the architectural gems and carbuncles.
Write to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or vote on our websites at www.huntspost.co.uk
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 This week's Readers Photos