Teenager slashed in the neck during Christmas Day fight
A TEENAGER was slashed in the neck during a Christmas Day fight in Warboys.Up to eight people are believed to have been involved in the fight that took place at about 1.30am in Mill Green outside the Royal Oak pub.The injured person - a 17-year-old boy
A TEENAGER was slashed in the neck during a Christmas Day fight in Warboys.
Up to eight people are believed to have been involved in the fight that took place at about 1.30am in Mill Green outside the Royal Oak pub.
The injured person - a 17-year-old boy - was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon with serious but not life threatening injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said it is believed the teenager was wounded in the neck with a piece of glass or a small knife.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the fight to come forward.
DC Martin Brocklebank said: "There were quite a few people who were either involved directly with the fight or nearby and I would like to speak to those people to help establish what happened."
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 3 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 4 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 5 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 6 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 7 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Home of the week: Updated Victorian semi-detached house with garden for sale in St Neots
- 10 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
A 19-year-old man from Fenstanton has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has been bailed to Huntingdon Police Station on February 3.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Brocklebank at Huntingdon Police Station on 0845 4564654 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.