Teachers make dramatic entry
AN army armoured vehicle was used by teachers at Hinchingbrooke School to make their arrival at the school s summer ball. As well as students letting go, it was also a chance for the sixth form teachers to have fun, which they achieved dramatically with t
AN army armoured vehicle was used by teachers at Hinchingbrooke School to make their arrival at the school's summer ball.
As well as students letting go, it was also a chance for the sixth form teachers to have fun, which they achieved dramatically with their surprise arrival. The students cheered to see a large armoured vehicle drive into the sixth form entrance, only for the cheers to dissolve into nervous laughter as they looked up to see the guns aimed at them.
The occasion was planned by a student committee with a disco and Pete Shepherd's jazz band, a caricaturist and a roving magician.
The evening was also a farewell party for the Year 13 leavers.
The disco was in a large marquee in the grounds of Hinchingbrooke House, the jazz band was in the inner hall of the house and there was entertainment in the library.
The way the evening was set up allowed the students to find amusement at every turn.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital