Teacher’s taken a step in the right direction
A TEACHER at St Neots Community College has just launched what is thought to be one of the world s first footpath and bridleways websites. It features more than 50 pathways and bridleways, covering a 50sq km area stretching from Waresley in the north to P
A TEACHER at St Neots Community College has just launched what is thought to be one of the world's first footpath and bridleways websites.
It features more than 50 pathways and bridleways, covering a 50sq km area stretching from Waresley in the north to Potton in the south, and from Sandy in the west to Hatley in the east.
The website was created by Bernard O'Connor, from Gamlingay, who is a keen local historian.
It took the citizenship teacher about 18 months to research and arrange the website but it now includes detailed information about all the area's pathways and bridleways.
Many of the featured paths also have links to websites where further details can be found, covering the history, archaeology and geology of the area.
Mr O'Connor said the website was inspired by his childhood trips with his father, who was also an historian, taking walks and cycle rides in the area.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 8 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 9 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
He said: "It would be wonderful if my website encouraged people of all ages to take an even greater active interest in our locality."
INFORMATION: To view the website, you should visit www.members.aol.com/EvertonP3 or www.members.aol.com/GamlingayP3