Teacher’s taken a step in the right direction
A TEACHER at St Neots Community College has just launched what is thought to be one of the world s first footpath and bridleways websites. It features more than 50 pathways and bridleways, covering a 50sq km area stretching from Waresley in the north to P
A TEACHER at St Neots Community College has just launched what is thought to be one of the world's first footpath and bridleways websites.
It features more than 50 pathways and bridleways, covering a 50sq km area stretching from Waresley in the north to Potton in the south, and from Sandy in the west to Hatley in the east.
The website was created by Bernard O'Connor, from Gamlingay, who is a keen local historian.
It took the citizenship teacher about 18 months to research and arrange the website but it now includes detailed information about all the area's pathways and bridleways.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the featured paths also have links to websites where further details can be found, covering the history, archaeology and geology of the area.
Mr O'Connor said the website was inspired by his childhood trips with his father, who was also an historian, taking walks and cycle rides in the area.
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
He said: "It would be wonderful if my website encouraged people of all ages to take an even greater active interest in our locality."
INFORMATION: To view the website, you should visit www.members.aol.com/EvertonP3 or www.members.aol.com/GamlingayP3