Teacher’s taken a step in the right direction
A TEACHER at St Neots Community College has just launched what is thought to be one of the world s first footpath and bridleways websites. It features more than 50 pathways and bridleways, covering a 50sq km area stretching from Waresley in the north to P
A TEACHER at St Neots Community College has just launched what is thought to be one of the world's first footpath and bridleways websites.
It features more than 50 pathways and bridleways, covering a 50sq km area stretching from Waresley in the north to Potton in the south, and from Sandy in the west to Hatley in the east.
The website was created by Bernard O'Connor, from Gamlingay, who is a keen local historian.
It took the citizenship teacher about 18 months to research and arrange the website but it now includes detailed information about all the area's pathways and bridleways.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the featured paths also have links to websites where further details can be found, covering the history, archaeology and geology of the area.
Mr O'Connor said the website was inspired by his childhood trips with his father, who was also an historian, taking walks and cycle rides in the area.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
He said: "It would be wonderful if my website encouraged people of all ages to take an even greater active interest in our locality."
INFORMATION: To view the website, you should visit www.members.aol.com/EvertonP3 or www.members.aol.com/GamlingayP3