Talent shines through
A NEW art award has been launched in St Neots to encourage the creative talents of youngsters in the East of England. Launched at Longsands Community College earlier this month, the Black Pig Creative Award is open to students from Key Stage One through
A NEW art award has been launched in St Neots to encourage the creative talents of youngsters in the East of England.
Launched at Longsands Community College earlier this month, the Black Pig Creative Award is open to students from Key Stage One through to A-levels.
'Branding the region' is the brief and participants are being encouraged to be as creative as possible when interpreting it by using interactive websites, video documentaries or live performances.
Sarah-Jane Higgins, Black Pig's managing director, said: "Our designers are continually amazed by the fresh ideas and enthusiasm displayed by students of all ages and we are very eager to see what they come up with. This award is designed to encourage younger creative talent and give them the opportunity to shine."
You may also want to watch:
Entries will be judged by industry experts including representatives from The Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning at Cambridge University and East of England International. The winner will be able to choose their own creative experience as a prize and their school or college will be given an engraved trophy.
Anyone wishing to participate should register before September 22.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 5 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 6 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 7 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 8 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 9 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 10 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
INFORMATION: For an entry pack email email@example.com