Talent shines through
A NEW art award has been launched in St Neots to encourage the creative talents of youngsters in the East of England. Launched at Longsands Community College earlier this month, the Black Pig Creative Award is open to students from Key Stage One through
A NEW art award has been launched in St Neots to encourage the creative talents of youngsters in the East of England.
Launched at Longsands Community College earlier this month, the Black Pig Creative Award is open to students from Key Stage One through to A-levels.
'Branding the region' is the brief and participants are being encouraged to be as creative as possible when interpreting it by using interactive websites, video documentaries or live performances.
Sarah-Jane Higgins, Black Pig's managing director, said: "Our designers are continually amazed by the fresh ideas and enthusiasm displayed by students of all ages and we are very eager to see what they come up with. This award is designed to encourage younger creative talent and give them the opportunity to shine."
You may also want to watch:
Entries will be judged by industry experts including representatives from The Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning at Cambridge University and East of England International. The winner will be able to choose their own creative experience as a prize and their school or college will be given an engraved trophy.
Anyone wishing to participate should register before September 22.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
INFORMATION: For an entry pack email email@example.com