Talent shines through
A NEW art award has been launched in St Neots to encourage the creative talents of youngsters in the East of England. Launched at Longsands Community College earlier this month, the Black Pig Creative Award is open to students from Key Stage One through
A NEW art award has been launched in St Neots to encourage the creative talents of youngsters in the East of England.
Launched at Longsands Community College earlier this month, the Black Pig Creative Award is open to students from Key Stage One through to A-levels.
'Branding the region' is the brief and participants are being encouraged to be as creative as possible when interpreting it by using interactive websites, video documentaries or live performances.
Sarah-Jane Higgins, Black Pig's managing director, said: "Our designers are continually amazed by the fresh ideas and enthusiasm displayed by students of all ages and we are very eager to see what they come up with. This award is designed to encourage younger creative talent and give them the opportunity to shine."
Entries will be judged by industry experts including representatives from The Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning at Cambridge University and East of England International. The winner will be able to choose their own creative experience as a prize and their school or college will be given an engraved trophy.
Anyone wishing to participate should register before September 22.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: For an entry pack email email@example.com