Tale of two counties
I LIVE in Somersham and my fiancée lives in Yeovil, Somerset. While on the phone to me, her front window was smashed by youths with a ball bearing gun. She could have been killed. She ended our call to ring 999 and to try to identify the youths. Because
I LIVE in Somersham and my fiancée lives in Yeovil, Somerset. While on the phone to me, her front window was smashed by youths with a ball bearing gun. She could have been killed. She ended our call to ring 999 and to try to identify the youths.
Because I was worried about her safety, I also dialled 999 and got directed to Cambridgeshire police.
Cambridgeshire police telephoned her to ensure that she was alright and asked if there was anything they could do. Yeovil police did not phone her back until about 15 minutes after Cambridgeshire police and never sent a policeman round. Their excuse - we don't have an officer available. Their lack of concern and the time it took to contact her is a disgrace.
A couple of weeks before Christmas, I was visiting my fiancée in Yeovil and at 3am we were woken by around 70 high powered rockets with terrific bangs being let off by youths in the playground opposite. My fiancée called Yeovil police. Once again they said they did not have a police officer available - at 3am?
You may also want to watch:
She lives in Abbey Manor Park where youths have been creating problems for a long time, putting dog mess through neighbour's letter boxes, throwing it onto windows and roofs, rolling around drunk outside and fornicating in the playhouse and leaving their condoms there, as well as breaking bottles in the children's playground. Complaints have been lodged with ASDA and Tesco believed to be selling drink to under-age youths, but they have taken no notice. I would suggest that all law abiding citizens blacklist these stores.
Because of the ineptitude of Yeovil police, residents are now preparing to take the law into their own hands despite the consequences.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 9 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
To avoid such action, the council should put CCTV cameras in this area and the police should police the area.
Full marks Cambridgeshire police.
DAVID HUGHES, Somersham