Taking on the best at Microsoft
A PUPIL from Sawtry Community College will represent Britain in an international contest in America this week competing on scores in exams on using Microsoft Office. Rachel Farrington, a year 10 pupil left for Orlando on Wednesday to take part in the Micr
A PUPIL from Sawtry Community College will represent Britain in an international contest in America this week competing on scores in exams on using Microsoft Office.
Rachel Farrington, a year 10 pupil left for Orlando on Wednesday to take part in the Microsoft Office World Championships.
hen taking their Microsoft exams during the year, Sawtry College Year 10 students registered their scores and eight Sawtry pupils won through to the national final in Chertsey in June.
At that contest, Rachel took the top place to represent her country abroad.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel has won an all-expenses paid trip to the States, where she will be competing against the other international winners. Two other Sawtry pupils, Gemma Ronzano came a close second and Amie Martinez was second in the Microsoft Word competition.
Lesley Croft, Head of ICT at Sawtry College said: "Sawtry College fielded a very strong contingent this year. The results are amazing, we are very proud of all the students who participated and hope to continue the success in years to come."
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Sawtry College also collected a Microsoft Academy award for Centre of Excellence at the same event. The college offers Microsoft Office Specialist qualifications to all its students and to the wider community.