Survival hopes fade for missing businessmen
HOPES are fading for two directors of a Huntingdonshire business whose light aircraft crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the Brazilian coast. No trace has been found of either Alan Kempson, 46, or Nigel Hodges, 52, who are both senior figures in finance
HOPES are fading for two directors of a Huntingdonshire business whose light aircraft crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the Brazilian coast.
No trace has been found of either Alan Kempson, 46, or Nigel Hodges, 52, who are both senior figures in finance company Diamond Lifestyle.
The search for the men was officially called off on May 8 - nearly a week after the Cessna 310 aircraft went missing on May 2.
Part of the wreckage of the plane washed up on a beach 90kms north of Ilheus, on Brazil's eastern coast, on May 6.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hodges' family returned to the UK from Brazil last week after launching their own search bid and holding a memorial service on the Brazilian beach where the plane was found.
This week it was confirmed that Diamond Lifestyle, which is based at Hinchingbrooke Business Park, has ceased trading and is in the hands of administrators.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
The other British businessmen on the plane, Sean Woodhall, 43, and Ricky Every, 41, worked for Worldwide Destinations, which has an office in St Neots. Two Brazilian pilots are also missing without trace.
A spokesman for the Foreign Office confirmed that there had been no new developments in the case since the search was called off.