Support pledged for cinema plan by new deputy mayor
THE push for a cinema for St Neots will get the full support of the new deputy mayor. Councillor Fiona Birks, who has lived in St Neots all her life, told The Hunts Post she was ready for her role supporting new mayor, Cllr Robert Eaton. Cllr Birks told T
THE push for a cinema for St Neots will get the full support of the new deputy mayor.
Councillor Fiona Birks, who has lived in St Neots all her life, told The Hunts Post she was ready for her role supporting new mayor, Cllr Robert Eaton.
Cllr Birks told The Hunts Post: "I want to see some positive things done in the town. The town has had many negative things said about it by residents who believe we are being overlooked by Huntingdonshire District Council in favour of Huntingdon, and I want to put a stop to this and get people to feel proud of the town."
The 39-year-old mother of one has not hidden her enthusiasm for a cinema, saying it would benefit the whole community.
Mayor Cllr Eaton was born in Bristol and has four grown-up children. He is an honorary welfare officer for the Royal Air Forces Association branch in St Neots and a voluntary advisor with the St Neots Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Standing down as mayor, Cllr Paul Ursell said: "It has been an honour to be mayor of the biggest and best town in the county." On his departure he handed over a cheque for £5,600 that he had raised throughout the year. The money was shared between the Dreamdrops Appeal, East Anglia Children's Hospices, St Neots Mini Rugby League, St Neots Sentinals, Majestic Majorettes and St Neots and District Volunteer and Welfare Society.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 10 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
Businesses are needed to sponsor this year's Mayor of St Neots charity ball to be held at Christmas.
INFORMATION: To offer sponsorship for the mayor's charity ball phone St Neots town council on 01480 388911.