Support for wind farm
I LOOK forward to reading the headlines and fuller details in the summary to be published in early June, of the initiatives to be adopted by Huntingdonshire District Council in of support this headline ( New plan to turn the district green , April 9). Pre
I LOOK forward to reading the headlines and fuller details in the summary to be published in early June, of the initiatives to be adopted by Huntingdonshire District Council in of support this headline ("New plan to turn the district green", April 9).
Presumably the council and specifically Councillor Peter Bucknell and Paul Jose, head of environment and transport, will be supporting the npower renewables proposal for the wind farm at Graveley, which has been shown to be able to provide the electricity needs of St Ives on an annual basis.
Although it is still subject to planning consent and possible amendment, it will be good to see HDC declare support for a much lower CO2 and more environmentally sustainable alternative to electricity generation in our area.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Famous Actor Alan Davies has donated a caravan to Camp Beagle
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 9 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed