Support for wind farm
I LOOK forward to reading the headlines and fuller details in the summary to be published in early June, of the initiatives to be adopted by Huntingdonshire District Council in of support this headline ( New plan to turn the district green , April 9). Pre
I LOOK forward to reading the headlines and fuller details in the summary to be published in early June, of the initiatives to be adopted by Huntingdonshire District Council in of support this headline ("New plan to turn the district green", April 9).
Presumably the council and specifically Councillor Peter Bucknell and Paul Jose, head of environment and transport, will be supporting the npower renewables proposal for the wind farm at Graveley, which has been shown to be able to provide the electricity needs of St Ives on an annual basis.
Although it is still subject to planning consent and possible amendment, it will be good to see HDC declare support for a much lower CO2 and more environmentally sustainable alternative to electricity generation in our area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 3 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 6 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 7 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 8 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 9 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor