Support for wind farm
I LOOK forward to reading the headlines and fuller details in the summary to be published in early June, of the initiatives to be adopted by Huntingdonshire District Council in of support this headline ( New plan to turn the district green , April 9). Pre
I LOOK forward to reading the headlines and fuller details in the summary to be published in early June, of the initiatives to be adopted by Huntingdonshire District Council in of support this headline ("New plan to turn the district green", April 9).
Presumably the council and specifically Councillor Peter Bucknell and Paul Jose, head of environment and transport, will be supporting the npower renewables proposal for the wind farm at Graveley, which has been shown to be able to provide the electricity needs of St Ives on an annual basis.
Although it is still subject to planning consent and possible amendment, it will be good to see HDC declare support for a much lower CO2 and more environmentally sustainable alternative to electricity generation in our area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages