Super squash club
HOW sad that Mr Hunt believes that Hemingford s new gym and the children s play area are mutually exclusive (Letters, October 25). Both children and adults are catered for at Hemingford s excellent sports facility. It sounds to me as if Mr Hunt has a bee
HOW sad that Mr Hunt believes that Hemingford's new gym and the children's play area are mutually exclusive (Letters, October 25). Both children and adults are catered for at Hemingford's excellent sports facility.
It sounds to me as if Mr Hunt has a bee in his bonnet about the facilities for children in Hemingford and, if that's the case, he will be pleased to know that the squash club there is running excellent coaching sessions for youngsters.
I travel with my daughter (14) from Sawtry, where there is no squash court, to Hemingford to benefit from the full-time squash coach there. The coaches start with children as young as seven or eight. She is also a member of the club, so she can play in the squash league. We have been welcomed by the very friendly club members, both young and old.
The gym is there for members who want to complement their fitness training. I have seen children and adults playing football, tennis, bowls and squash when I have visited (not to mention the Bridge Club).
You may also want to watch:
Instead of brickbats, Mr Hunt should be throwing bouquets at committee members who have put lucky Hemingford on the map as far as fitness on his doorstep goes.
APRIL van ES
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital