Super squash club
HOW sad that Mr Hunt believes that Hemingford s new gym and the children s play area are mutually exclusive (Letters, October 25). Both children and adults are catered for at Hemingford s excellent sports facility. It sounds to me as if Mr Hunt has a bee
HOW sad that Mr Hunt believes that Hemingford's new gym and the children's play area are mutually exclusive (Letters, October 25). Both children and adults are catered for at Hemingford's excellent sports facility.
It sounds to me as if Mr Hunt has a bee in his bonnet about the facilities for children in Hemingford and, if that's the case, he will be pleased to know that the squash club there is running excellent coaching sessions for youngsters.
I travel with my daughter (14) from Sawtry, where there is no squash court, to Hemingford to benefit from the full-time squash coach there. The coaches start with children as young as seven or eight. She is also a member of the club, so she can play in the squash league. We have been welcomed by the very friendly club members, both young and old.
The gym is there for members who want to complement their fitness training. I have seen children and adults playing football, tennis, bowls and squash when I have visited (not to mention the Bridge Club).
You may also want to watch:
Instead of brickbats, Mr Hunt should be throwing bouquets at committee members who have put lucky Hemingford on the map as far as fitness on his doorstep goes.
APRIL van ES
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life