Summer festival round-up
ST IVES MUSIC FESTIVAL - FREE ENTRY SUNDAY, July 8 at Warners Park St Ives. Headliners are Purple Rain, the UK top Prince tribute act, plus Big 10, Boogie Nights, After4, Split Whiskers, Matt Harvey. There will also be a funfair, barbecue and beer tent
ST IVES MUSIC FESTIVAL - FREE ENTRY
SUNDAY, July 8 at Warners' Park St Ives. Headliners are Purple Rain, the UK top Prince tribute act, plus Big 10, Boogie Nights, After4, Split Whiskers, Matt Harvey.
There will also be a funfair, barbecue and beer tent.
INFORMATION: Music from noon till 9pm. FREE ENTRY.
You may also want to watch:
* THE CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL, CAMBRIDGE
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
Organised in conjunction with Radio 2, the line-up is typically strong. Headliners The Waterboys, Nanci Griffith, Joan Baez, Steve Earl, Kate Rusby and The Alabama 3 rub shoulders with other established acts such as Toots & The Maytals, Oysterband and Show of Hands. Held at Cherry Hinton Hall in Cambridge, the festival runs for four days; 26-29 July. See: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk
* CAMBRIDGE ROCK FESTIVAL, GODMANCHESTER
FORMERLY known as Rockinbeerfest, the line-up is strong, including The Australian Pink Floyd Show, Thunder and Nine Below Zero. Also look out for Hazel O' Connor, Wishbone Ash and Deborah Bonham. There will also be unsigned bands, covers bands and young bands (on the Rising Stars stage). August 16-19 August, see: www.rockinbeerfest.co.uk
* OFFORD MUSIC FESTIVAL - BANDS WANTED
OFFORD is to host its first ever music festival, to include a Battle of the Bands competition. The event, hosted by Jeremy Sallis from BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, will showcase local talent and will include a beer festival and other attractions.
The free festival takes place on Saturday, August 25 on Offord Millenium Green at 2pm.
INFORMATION: Bands who would like a place in the competition should contact Nita Tinn on 01480 811808 or Karen Sherwood on 01480 811218 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
The best band will receive a prize worth £500 and all bands will get food and drink courtesy of the Horseshoe Inn, Offord Darcy.
* LODESTAR FESTIVAL, CAMBRIDGE
A brand new music festival, aimed at indie-music lovers. From Friday August 31 to Sunday September 2, the Lodestar Festival is in a massive field in the tiny village of Lode, near Bottisham.
The line-up includes Badly Drawn Boy, Idlewild, The Bees, British Sea Power and The Rakes. Other signed acts include Terra Naomi, Alberta Cross, The Pigeon Detectives and The Strange Death of Liberal England. There will also be unsigned bands (to be announced) as well as theatre. See: www.lodestarfestival.com