Summer festival round-up
ST IVES MUSIC FESTIVAL - FREE ENTRY SUNDAY, July 8 at Warners Park St Ives. Headliners are Purple Rain, the UK top Prince tribute act, plus Big 10, Boogie Nights, After4, Split Whiskers, Matt Harvey. There will also be a funfair, barbecue and beer tent
ST IVES MUSIC FESTIVAL - FREE ENTRY
SUNDAY, July 8 at Warners' Park St Ives. Headliners are Purple Rain, the UK top Prince tribute act, plus Big 10, Boogie Nights, After4, Split Whiskers, Matt Harvey.
There will also be a funfair, barbecue and beer tent.
INFORMATION: Music from noon till 9pm. FREE ENTRY.
You may also want to watch:
* THE CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL, CAMBRIDGE
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Organised in conjunction with Radio 2, the line-up is typically strong. Headliners The Waterboys, Nanci Griffith, Joan Baez, Steve Earl, Kate Rusby and The Alabama 3 rub shoulders with other established acts such as Toots & The Maytals, Oysterband and Show of Hands. Held at Cherry Hinton Hall in Cambridge, the festival runs for four days; 26-29 July. See: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk
* CAMBRIDGE ROCK FESTIVAL, GODMANCHESTER
FORMERLY known as Rockinbeerfest, the line-up is strong, including The Australian Pink Floyd Show, Thunder and Nine Below Zero. Also look out for Hazel O' Connor, Wishbone Ash and Deborah Bonham. There will also be unsigned bands, covers bands and young bands (on the Rising Stars stage). August 16-19 August, see: www.rockinbeerfest.co.uk
* OFFORD MUSIC FESTIVAL - BANDS WANTED
OFFORD is to host its first ever music festival, to include a Battle of the Bands competition. The event, hosted by Jeremy Sallis from BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, will showcase local talent and will include a beer festival and other attractions.
The free festival takes place on Saturday, August 25 on Offord Millenium Green at 2pm.
INFORMATION: Bands who would like a place in the competition should contact Nita Tinn on 01480 811808 or Karen Sherwood on 01480 811218 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
The best band will receive a prize worth £500 and all bands will get food and drink courtesy of the Horseshoe Inn, Offord Darcy.
* LODESTAR FESTIVAL, CAMBRIDGE
A brand new music festival, aimed at indie-music lovers. From Friday August 31 to Sunday September 2, the Lodestar Festival is in a massive field in the tiny village of Lode, near Bottisham.
The line-up includes Badly Drawn Boy, Idlewild, The Bees, British Sea Power and The Rakes. Other signed acts include Terra Naomi, Alberta Cross, The Pigeon Detectives and The Strange Death of Liberal England. There will also be unsigned bands (to be announced) as well as theatre. See: www.lodestarfestival.com