Students go on tour in Chile
SCHOOL pupils in Kimbolton are using a tour of Chile and Argentina to help support orphans across the world. Thirty-two Kimbolton School students aged from 15 to 17 will be in South America this August, staying with host families in Santiago, Vina del Ma
SCHOOL pupils in Kimbolton are using a tour of Chile and Argentina to help support orphans across the world.
Thirty-two Kimbolton School students aged from 15 to 17 will be in South America this August, staying with host families in Santiago, Vina del Ma, Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls.
In the lead-up to their departure, pupils, parents and staff are organising fundraising events to help subsidise the tour and support SOS Children - a charity that helps orphans.
During the trip to South America, the students will visit two of the charity's projects, one in Los Aromos and another in Lujan.
The fundraising events include a women's fashion evening on Sunday June 10 at The George in Buckden, and a sports dinner in the White Hall, Kimbolton School, with Ian Robertson, the renowned rugby commentator, as guest speaker on June 21.
The final fundraiser will be a prep school sleepover on Friday June 29.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 6 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 10 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
Sue Hart, librarian and press secretary at Kimbolton School, said: "The tour has taken 15 months of planning and preparation. Pupils will also have the opportunity to attend a range of mini-lectures prior to their visit to gain an understanding of the geographical, historical and cultural aspects of the two countries and to practise their Spanish."
INFORMATION: To find out more or for tickets for any of the fundraising events, phone Rob Knell on 01480 862253 or e-mail email@example.com