Students go on tour in Chile
SCHOOL pupils in Kimbolton are using a tour of Chile and Argentina to help support orphans across the world. Thirty-two Kimbolton School students aged from 15 to 17 will be in South America this August, staying with host families in Santiago, Vina del Ma
SCHOOL pupils in Kimbolton are using a tour of Chile and Argentina to help support orphans across the world.
Thirty-two Kimbolton School students aged from 15 to 17 will be in South America this August, staying with host families in Santiago, Vina del Ma, Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls.
In the lead-up to their departure, pupils, parents and staff are organising fundraising events to help subsidise the tour and support SOS Children - a charity that helps orphans.
During the trip to South America, the students will visit two of the charity's projects, one in Los Aromos and another in Lujan.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising events include a women's fashion evening on Sunday June 10 at The George in Buckden, and a sports dinner in the White Hall, Kimbolton School, with Ian Robertson, the renowned rugby commentator, as guest speaker on June 21.
The final fundraiser will be a prep school sleepover on Friday June 29.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
Sue Hart, librarian and press secretary at Kimbolton School, said: "The tour has taken 15 months of planning and preparation. Pupils will also have the opportunity to attend a range of mini-lectures prior to their visit to gain an understanding of the geographical, historical and cultural aspects of the two countries and to practise their Spanish."
INFORMATION: To find out more or for tickets for any of the fundraising events, phone Rob Knell on 01480 862253 or e-mail email@example.com