Students go on tour in Chile
SCHOOL pupils in Kimbolton are using a tour of Chile and Argentina to help support orphans across the world. Thirty-two Kimbolton School students aged from 15 to 17 will be in South America this August, staying with host families in Santiago, Vina del Ma
SCHOOL pupils in Kimbolton are using a tour of Chile and Argentina to help support orphans across the world.
Thirty-two Kimbolton School students aged from 15 to 17 will be in South America this August, staying with host families in Santiago, Vina del Ma, Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls.
In the lead-up to their departure, pupils, parents and staff are organising fundraising events to help subsidise the tour and support SOS Children - a charity that helps orphans.
During the trip to South America, the students will visit two of the charity's projects, one in Los Aromos and another in Lujan.
The fundraising events include a women's fashion evening on Sunday June 10 at The George in Buckden, and a sports dinner in the White Hall, Kimbolton School, with Ian Robertson, the renowned rugby commentator, as guest speaker on June 21.
The final fundraiser will be a prep school sleepover on Friday June 29.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
Sue Hart, librarian and press secretary at Kimbolton School, said: "The tour has taken 15 months of planning and preparation. Pupils will also have the opportunity to attend a range of mini-lectures prior to their visit to gain an understanding of the geographical, historical and cultural aspects of the two countries and to practise their Spanish."
INFORMATION: To find out more or for tickets for any of the fundraising events, phone Rob Knell on 01480 862253 or e-mail email@example.com