Stuck with the current A1 in Cambs ... and patience would help
HAVING driven in and out of Buckden for the last 40 years, I have never had any trouble leaving the high street. Yes, I have on occasions had to be very patient and often had to wait five or so minutes to go north.
I am afraid that having cameras on the approach to the roundabout will not ease the exit from the high street. Traffic has to slow to 20 to 30mph to go round the roundabout, which would make the cameras redundant – it would be a great deal of money wasted.
The problem is the sheer amount of traffic using the A1. As the southbound traffic has priority there are only two options for those drivers who have a problem going north – install traffic lights (unlikely to happen) or reinstate the Baldock to Alconbury bypass (even more unlikely to happen).
I am afraid you are stuck with the present situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible