Stuck with the current A1 in Cambs ... and patience would help
HAVING driven in and out of Buckden for the last 40 years, I have never had any trouble leaving the high street. Yes, I have on occasions had to be very patient and often had to wait five or so minutes to go north.
I am afraid that having cameras on the approach to the roundabout will not ease the exit from the high street. Traffic has to slow to 20 to 30mph to go round the roundabout, which would make the cameras redundant – it would be a great deal of money wasted.
The problem is the sheer amount of traffic using the A1. As the southbound traffic has priority there are only two options for those drivers who have a problem going north – install traffic lights (unlikely to happen) or reinstate the Baldock to Alconbury bypass (even more unlikely to happen).
I am afraid you are stuck with the present situation.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary