Stuck with the current A1 in Cambs ... and patience would help
HAVING driven in and out of Buckden for the last 40 years, I have never had any trouble leaving the high street. Yes, I have on occasions had to be very patient and often had to wait five or so minutes to go north.
I am afraid that having cameras on the approach to the roundabout will not ease the exit from the high street. Traffic has to slow to 20 to 30mph to go round the roundabout, which would make the cameras redundant – it would be a great deal of money wasted.
The problem is the sheer amount of traffic using the A1. As the southbound traffic has priority there are only two options for those drivers who have a problem going north – install traffic lights (unlikely to happen) or reinstate the Baldock to Alconbury bypass (even more unlikely to happen).
I am afraid you are stuck with the present situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford