Stuck with the current A1 in Cambs ... and patience would help
HAVING driven in and out of Buckden for the last 40 years, I have never had any trouble leaving the high street. Yes, I have on occasions had to be very patient and often had to wait five or so minutes to go north.
I am afraid that having cameras on the approach to the roundabout will not ease the exit from the high street. Traffic has to slow to 20 to 30mph to go round the roundabout, which would make the cameras redundant – it would be a great deal of money wasted.
The problem is the sheer amount of traffic using the A1. As the southbound traffic has priority there are only two options for those drivers who have a problem going north – install traffic lights (unlikely to happen) or reinstate the Baldock to Alconbury bypass (even more unlikely to happen).
I am afraid you are stuck with the present situation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man carrying knife 'in the street' closes St Ives primary school
- 3 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone