Stretch of A1 re-opened after crash involving police vehicle
- Credit: Archant
Highways officials have re-opened a stretch of the A1 near Brampton Hut after following a two-car collision this morning (Friday).
Police were called at about 9.15am to reports that two cars had collided on A1, at its junction with the A14, at Brampton Hut.
One of the vehicles, a Land Rover Discovery, overturned after reportedly colliding with a police firearms vehicle. There were no reports of any serious injuries.
Highways England closed the northbound carriageway while emergency services work to clear the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said investigations into the collision had been completed and the road re-opened to traffic at about 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to expect delays while traffic flows return to normal.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone