Stretch of A1 re-opened after crash involving police vehicle
- Credit: Archant
Highways officials have re-opened a stretch of the A1 near Brampton Hut after following a two-car collision this morning (Friday).
Police were called at about 9.15am to reports that two cars had collided on A1, at its junction with the A14, at Brampton Hut.
One of the vehicles, a Land Rover Discovery, overturned after reportedly colliding with a police firearms vehicle. There were no reports of any serious injuries.
Highways England closed the northbound carriageway while emergency services work to clear the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said investigations into the collision had been completed and the road re-opened to traffic at about 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to expect delays while traffic flows return to normal.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal