Street cleaners do a sterling job
I WOULD be interested to know how often Mr Dann walks into St Ives. As a resident of The Broadway, I would like to commend Huntingdonshire District Council on how clean the streets are kept. Every morning apart from Bank Holidays, the road sweepers are ou
I WOULD be interested to know how often Mr Dann walks into St Ives.
As a resident of The Broadway, I would like to commend Huntingdonshire District Council on how clean the streets are kept.
Every morning apart from Bank Holidays, the road sweepers are out, the rubbish bins are regularly emptied and all the rubbish on the street is also picked up by hand. Obviously, due to the parked cars on the road, the cleaners have to work round them, but they always keep the streets clean.
Also the cafe and the takeaway in The Broadway are always outside sweeping and cleaning up any rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
After the Bank Holiday Market the streets are also cleaned.
I think they all do a sterling job and are entitled to a Bank Holiday off like the majority of people.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
It's a shame that people who do not live in the town are not aware of this and make a judgement on one visit.