Street cleaners do a sterling job
I WOULD be interested to know how often Mr Dann walks into St Ives. As a resident of The Broadway, I would like to commend Huntingdonshire District Council on how clean the streets are kept. Every morning apart from Bank Holidays, the road sweepers are ou
I WOULD be interested to know how often Mr Dann walks into St Ives.
As a resident of The Broadway, I would like to commend Huntingdonshire District Council on how clean the streets are kept.
Every morning apart from Bank Holidays, the road sweepers are out, the rubbish bins are regularly emptied and all the rubbish on the street is also picked up by hand. Obviously, due to the parked cars on the road, the cleaners have to work round them, but they always keep the streets clean.
Also the cafe and the takeaway in The Broadway are always outside sweeping and cleaning up any rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
After the Bank Holiday Market the streets are also cleaned.
I think they all do a sterling job and are entitled to a Bank Holiday off like the majority of people.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
It's a shame that people who do not live in the town are not aware of this and make a judgement on one visit.