Strawbale classroom opened
A classroom made of straw bales has been opened at the Ashbeach School, Ramsey St Mary s, and will be used in the school s nativity play this year. The structure was officially opened by Lord Mawhinney, the former MP for North-West Cambridgeshire. This
A classroom made of straw bales has been opened at the Ashbeach School, Ramsey St Mary's, and will be used in the school's nativity play this year.
The structure was officially opened by Lord Mawhinney, the former MP for North-West Cambridgeshire.
This project, which cost £8,500, was paid for by the Friends of Ashbeach School and will be used as an outdoor classroom.
Headteacher Hazel Lambert said: "Our straw classroom has been one of our most exhilarating projects with the children, staff, parents, community and friends all actively participating, learning new skills and providing a practical example of sustainability.
You may also want to watch:
"In our rural community, surrounded by crops growing in the fields, it is amazing for the children to see that not only can farming provide us with food but also housing.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week