Strawbale classroom opened
A classroom made of straw bales has been opened at the Ashbeach School, Ramsey St Mary s, and will be used in the school s nativity play this year. The structure was officially opened by Lord Mawhinney, the former MP for North-West Cambridgeshire. This
A classroom made of straw bales has been opened at the Ashbeach School, Ramsey St Mary's, and will be used in the school's nativity play this year.
The structure was officially opened by Lord Mawhinney, the former MP for North-West Cambridgeshire.
This project, which cost £8,500, was paid for by the Friends of Ashbeach School and will be used as an outdoor classroom.
Headteacher Hazel Lambert said: "Our straw classroom has been one of our most exhilarating projects with the children, staff, parents, community and friends all actively participating, learning new skills and providing a practical example of sustainability.
You may also want to watch:
"In our rural community, surrounded by crops growing in the fields, it is amazing for the children to see that not only can farming provide us with food but also housing.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book