Stop complaining about St Neots cinema
I WOULD like to reply to some of the posts commenting on the work ceasing on the St Neots cinema site (The Hunts Post, April 24).
Legal jargon aside, I am mother to a 13-year-old boy and 15-year-old girl who are both looking forward to being able to go and see a film with their friends locally.
Regardless of all these people who are continuously protesting about it being too high or too close etc, it is (hopefully!) going to be built. So why do they not stop moaning and being negative and how about their being positive about the jobs it’s creating for local builders now and the employment it is going to bring to the local community once built?
Why not better spend their time complaining about the disgraceful state of our roads, people littering and dogs fouling?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 9 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 10 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road