Steps to success for dance class
A TEENAGER from Eaton Socon has fulfilled his dream of setting up his own dance academy. Tom Langdale, 19, of Monarch Road, set up the Langdale Dance Academy in Eaton Socon six months ago and now has more than 50 members aged between four and 45. Tom, who
A TEENAGER from Eaton Socon has fulfilled his dream of setting up his own dance academy.
Tom Langdale, 19, of Monarch Road, set up the Langdale Dance Academy in Eaton Socon six months ago and now has more than 50 members aged between four and 45.
Tom, who studied a BTEC and national diploma in dance at De Montford University in Bedford, and was the UK's freetsyle dance champion last year, said: "It has always been my dream to set up my own dance academy ever since I was a youngster and I couldn't afford to go to dance classes.
"I wanted to set up an academy to provide affordable classes so that everyone can attend."
You may also want to watch:
Tom is hoping to move into bigger premises in Foundry Lane, Eaton Socon, in September or October.
He said: "More members are joining every day, which doesn't surprise me as there is so much talent in St Neots."
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 9 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care
- 10 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
Members of the Langdale Dance Academy displayed their talents at St Neots carnival celebrations on Saturday and are also preparing for a Christmas variety show, which will take place on December 22 at the Priory Centre.
- To find out more phone 01480 394047.