Step up and guess Guided Bus opening date
THE ST Ives section of the Guided Busway will not open ahead of the southern section, Cambridgeshire County Council has confirmed.
STEP up and try your hand at The Guided Bus Date Challenge.
The delays to the opening of the massively over budget busway may have left taxpayers and potential bus passengers frustrated, but it now gives us the chance to play ‘Guess the Opening Date’.
The rules are simple: we want you to send us your estimated opening date for the Guided Bus - the day the first paying passengers are allowed to use the service between St Ives and Cambridge city centre (excluding the southern section).
Readers are should send in two guesses (just in case your first choice has already been taken).
You may also want to watch:
Things to keep in mind:
BAM Nuttall is suggesting it will finish the work on December 17
- 1 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
The county council is unsure the above date is achievable
The contract states CCC must wait six weeks after the busway has been handed over before doing any work on the project
The busway will need to be tested
Some of the testing could take place while work is carried out
As with most engineering contracts, staff get two weeks off at Christmas
The winner will receive...a bus pass to use on the Guided Bus for a month.
Hunts Post Editor Andy Veale has submitted the first estimate: May 4, 2011.
INFORMATION: You can e-mail you guesses to email@example.com or send them to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. Send two guesses along with your name, address and contact details.