Step up and guess Guided Bus opening date
THE ST Ives section of the Guided Busway will not open ahead of the southern section, Cambridgeshire County Council has confirmed.
STEP up and try your hand at The Guided Bus Date Challenge.
The delays to the opening of the massively over budget busway may have left taxpayers and potential bus passengers frustrated, but it now gives us the chance to play ‘Guess the Opening Date’.
The rules are simple: we want you to send us your estimated opening date for the Guided Bus - the day the first paying passengers are allowed to use the service between St Ives and Cambridge city centre (excluding the southern section).
Readers are should send in two guesses (just in case your first choice has already been taken).
Things to keep in mind:
BAM Nuttall is suggesting it will finish the work on December 17
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
The county council is unsure the above date is achievable
The contract states CCC must wait six weeks after the busway has been handed over before doing any work on the project
The busway will need to be tested
Some of the testing could take place while work is carried out
As with most engineering contracts, staff get two weeks off at Christmas
The winner will receive...a bus pass to use on the Guided Bus for a month.
Hunts Post Editor Andy Veale has submitted the first estimate: May 4, 2011.
INFORMATION: You can e-mail you guesses to email@example.com or send them to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. Send two guesses along with your name, address and contact details.