Step up and guess Guided Bus opening date
THE ST Ives section of the Guided Busway will not open ahead of the southern section, Cambridgeshire County Council has confirmed.
STEP up and try your hand at The Guided Bus Date Challenge.
The delays to the opening of the massively over budget busway may have left taxpayers and potential bus passengers frustrated, but it now gives us the chance to play ‘Guess the Opening Date’.
The rules are simple: we want you to send us your estimated opening date for the Guided Bus - the day the first paying passengers are allowed to use the service between St Ives and Cambridge city centre (excluding the southern section).
Readers are should send in two guesses (just in case your first choice has already been taken).
You may also want to watch:
Things to keep in mind:
BAM Nuttall is suggesting it will finish the work on December 17
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 4 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Event to remember village's war hero
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 9 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 10 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
The county council is unsure the above date is achievable
The contract states CCC must wait six weeks after the busway has been handed over before doing any work on the project
The busway will need to be tested
Some of the testing could take place while work is carried out
As with most engineering contracts, staff get two weeks off at Christmas
The winner will receive...a bus pass to use on the Guided Bus for a month.
Hunts Post Editor Andy Veale has submitted the first estimate: May 4, 2011.
INFORMATION: You can e-mail you guesses to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. Send two guesses along with your name, address and contact details.