NETWORK Rail is to be heartily congratulated on its plans to restore Huntingdon railway station. Built in 1849, it is undoubtedly one of the country s best surviving provincial Victorian stations. Network Rail s proposals to restore proper glasswork to th
NETWORK Rail is to be heartily congratulated on its plans to restore Huntingdon railway station. Built in 1849, it is undoubtedly one of the country's best surviving provincial Victorian stations.
Network Rail's proposals to restore proper glasswork to the roof, and stained glass (lost in the fire) to the buffet are admirable. I suggest records be searched for authentic replicas.
Will the company also extend the station's cycle-parking facilities?
A dedicated cycle network throughout Huntingdonshire, clearly marked in red, as in Germany, would further encourage commuters to cycle to the station, thereby reducing the problems of pollution and congestion caused by cars.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 8 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 9 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 10 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer