NETWORK Rail is to be heartily congratulated on its plans to restore Huntingdon railway station. Built in 1849, it is undoubtedly one of the country s best surviving provincial Victorian stations. Network Rail s proposals to restore proper glasswork to th
NETWORK Rail is to be heartily congratulated on its plans to restore Huntingdon railway station. Built in 1849, it is undoubtedly one of the country's best surviving provincial Victorian stations.
Network Rail's proposals to restore proper glasswork to the roof, and stained glass (lost in the fire) to the buffet are admirable. I suggest records be searched for authentic replicas.
Will the company also extend the station's cycle-parking facilities?
A dedicated cycle network throughout Huntingdonshire, clearly marked in red, as in Germany, would further encourage commuters to cycle to the station, thereby reducing the problems of pollution and congestion caused by cars.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 Village job club providing vital service
- 4 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen