NETWORK Rail is to be heartily congratulated on its plans to restore Huntingdon railway station. Built in 1849, it is undoubtedly one of the country s best surviving provincial Victorian stations. Network Rail s proposals to restore proper glasswork to th
NETWORK Rail is to be heartily congratulated on its plans to restore Huntingdon railway station. Built in 1849, it is undoubtedly one of the country's best surviving provincial Victorian stations.
Network Rail's proposals to restore proper glasswork to the roof, and stained glass (lost in the fire) to the buffet are admirable. I suggest records be searched for authentic replicas.
Will the company also extend the station's cycle-parking facilities?
A dedicated cycle network throughout Huntingdonshire, clearly marked in red, as in Germany, would further encourage commuters to cycle to the station, thereby reducing the problems of pollution and congestion caused by cars.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 4 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 5 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 9 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 10 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building