Station project is on track
TRAIN operator First Capital Connect is set to revamp the booking hall at St Neots station to make it comply with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). The company also plans an extension to accommodate four automatic ticket gates. In a scheme costing
TRAIN operator First Capital Connect is set to revamp the booking hall at St Neots station to make it comply with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
The company also plans an extension to accommodate four automatic ticket gates.
In a scheme costing more than £300,000, the ticket office will be overhauled, if planners agree, with new ticket windows, one of which will be fully DDA accessible - in readiness for the passenger lifts expected within a couple of years.
The lifts will be paid for by cash from Gallagher estates, which is building the nearby 1,350-home Loves Farm estate.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be new automatic double entrance doors and enhancements to CCTV and customer information screens.
Rico's cafe will be relocated, remaining within the concourse area, but moving next to the existing ticket office, facing out on to the forecourt.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 5 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 9 Mayor delighted with 'insight' by Andy Burnham over travel plans
- 10 'Our road was a lake of raw sewage' - family home ruined in St Ives' flood
During this work the station building will be closed and a temporary ticket office will be set up in the station forecourt area, First Capital Connect said this week.
Work is expected to start in April or May and take up to 16 weeks.