Staff at Hinchingbrooke are doing a wonderful job
RECENTLY I was an in-patient in Hinchingbrooke Hospital Birch Ward having undergone spinal surgery by Mr Shaju – an absolute gentleman and first class surgeon.
The operation was very successful and with excellent care and attention of the Birch Ward staff, I recovered well.
Unfortunately, some eight days after being discharged I was readmitted to the Acute Assessment Unit then the Short Stay Ward with a blood clot on my lung and again received excellent treatment during my stay.
I would, therefore, like to add my support to the many doctors and nurses at Hinchingbrooke who despite being subject to much negative criticism, do a wonderful job in difficult circumstances. Yes, staff are often under pressure and at times overstretched to the limit coping as best they can with patients who quite rightly have a high expectation of the care and quality of treatment provided. Certainly from my own experience I can honestly say I could not find fault and cannot praise the staff highly enough.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal