St Neots X5 is not serving the public’s needs
MR Trew raises some interesting points in his letter (September 7), but I fear he hasn’t read mine correctly. At no stage did I suggest that all the deleted St Neots X5 stops be restored, merely that the increased walking times to access the remaining stops will deter many people from leaving the car at home and using the bus.
My proposition is that an intermediate stop is reintroduced each side of town to reduce these lengthy walks.
‘Connections’ available from the local service were also mentioned in my letter when quoting the increased journey times, again sufficiently unattractive to deter the use of the car.
Finally, I would support any better thought out local bus service for the St Neots area, including one on a Sunday, as the easy option one-way circular affair that only connects with trains in one direction, except for a few hit and miss coincidences in the peak hours, does not serve our growing town adequately.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls