St Neots theatre group has big plans for 2013 after cash boost
THEATRE-lovers in the St Neots area will be treated to some West End-style productions next year.
A cash boost from the Anglia Co-operative foodstore in Eaton Socon will enable St Neots-based VAMPS to invest in more lavish costumes and sets for its 2013 shows.
The Old Great North Road store presented a cheque for �1,600 – the proceeds of fundraising efforts for the 50-strong group, including a fun day in the summer – and VAMPS fundraising co-ordinator Estelle Todd said: “It’s an amazing sum of money.
“It’s really, really good that the store has helped a local community group in the way that it has. The money will give us the opportunity to give a really semi-professional feel to our productions next year with lavish sets and costumes.”
VAMPS will stage The Producers next spring, followed by Oliver next November, buoyed by national acclaim for their shows.
You may also want to watch:
Estelle revealed: “We’re getting the best reviews we’ve ever had from the National Operatic and Dramatic Association since we’ve been investing more money in our shows.”
Store community champion Katie Paton, who presented the cheque to VAMPS chairman Ian Worsfold, said: “With our customers’ support we’ve been able to give the group a significant sum. It’s great to be able to help such an important feature of local life.”
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
VAMPS is currently in rehearsals for its next production, Rent, which runs from November 14-17 at the Priory Centre in St Neots.
INFORMATION: Tickets are available from the box office on 07866 224769 and a percentage of the profits will be split between two Cambridgeshire charities – Winter Comforts, which helps the homeless, and HIV charity DHIVerse. To find out more about VAMPS, visit www.thevamps.org