St Neots solicitors back free will month to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots firm has signed up to become of a national campaign to raise money for charity.
Solicitors Wilkinson and Butler, based in Huntingdon Street, will provide a will writing service for free in return for a voluntary donation to charity from their client.
The company has taken part in the campaign for a number of years, including 2014 where it was within the top five donators in the East Midlands and within the top 20 nationwide.
Campaign director Peter de Vena Franks said: “You can make an appointment now to avoid disappointment.
“Will Aid is a wonderful opportunity to not just make a will, but do it with the help of a professional with the added bonus of helping nine charities in the UK at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to have so many solicitors willing to give up some of their precious time to help people who have made no provision for their estate.”
As a part of the initiative Wilkinson and Butler staff will be given the opportunity to meet new clients and promote its business throughout the campaign period.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
The company are one of 42 firms in the east to sign up to help nine UK charities including ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, and Sightsavers.
Across the UK, Will Aid solicitors and their clients have contributed more than £17 million in donations and an estimated £95 million in legacy pledges since the campaign was founded more than 25 years ago.