St Neots Pub Closes Its Doors
A TOWN centre pub in St Neots has been closed and put up for sale. The Globe in Huntingdon Street, served its last customers on Saturday (September 20). Landlady Rachel Dee told The Hunts Post that personal reasons were behind her decision to leave the pu
A TOWN centre pub in St Neots has been closed and put up for sale.
The Globe in Huntingdon Street, served its last customers on Saturday (September 20).
Landlady Rachel Dee told The Hunts Post that personal reasons were behind her decision to leave the pub.
Charles Wells, which owns the period property, said it would not be employing new tenants and would instead be looking to sell the pub.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the company said The Globe would be closed until a buyer could be found. The spokesman added: "We are putting the pub up for sale with a view of looking at possible options but no firm decision about its future has been made."
It is not known how much the pub will be put on the market for.
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
Paul Moorhouse, secretary of the Huntingdonshire branch of the Campaign For Real Ale, said he was concerned by the pub closure. He said the closure could signal the start of many when pub giants JD Wetherspoon arrive in the town later this year.
He said: "We would be very concerned if The Globe were to be closed permanently. We have become concerned about the number of pubs closing in St Neots, particularly at a time when a Wetherspoons is due to open in the town.
"The town is not big enough to support such a large chain and it is certain to have an adverse impact on the town's pubs.
"Like village post offices, pubs provide an essential community service - they are part of community life and deserve to be saved."
INFORMATION: Do you see town and village pubs as a key part of the community and if so should more be done to save them? E-mail your views to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Pub closures, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 3TB.