St Neots patients will get to meet super-surgery GP firm
NHS patients in St Neots will be invited to meet the GP firm which has been given the contract to run the town s new super surgery. On Thursday (May 21), NHS Cambridgeshire held a meeting at the Priory Centre to update residents about the plans for the
NHS patients in St Neots will be invited to meet the GP firm which has been given the contract to run the town's new super surgery.
On Thursday (May 21), NHS Cambridgeshire held a meeting at the Priory Centre to update residents about the plans for the health centre.
Stephen Heard, director of contracts and performance for NHS Cambridgeshire, said the centre was still on course to open in temporary accommodation by the end of the year.
He also tried to reassure people concerned that the contract to run the GP-led service had been awarded to Kent-based Malling Health.
You may also want to watch:
"Some concerns were expressed around continuity of care, the use of locums and the fact that growth in St Neots has now slowed," he said. "We explained that the contract with Malling Health has a very strict contract around ensuring patient safety and stability of staff. Information about a patient's treatment will be shared with their own GP practice and patients will also be able to register at the health centre for their permanent care."
He added: "Although growth has slowed in St Neots, NHS Cambridgeshire has made this investment in the town for the long term benefit of patients."
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 8 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
The new service will be open 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
A date for meeting Malling Health will be announced later in the year.