St Neots not without youth facilities
IN response to your story (‘Museum plan dashes drop-in centre hopes’) on Wednesday October 26 I would like to reassure your readers that St Neots is not without facilities or activities for young people.
We have an excellent youth centre at The Bargroves on Cromwell Road, and already offer a number of activities every week including:
Young people’s drop-in (Mondays, Wednesdays 1.30-4.30pm and Thursdays 1.30-6pm) for support with job search, CVs, benefits and more.
Street sports (Thursdays 3.30-4.30pm at St Neots Leisure centre small astro) for young people aged 10-19.
Coffee bar (Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 3.10-5.15pm and 7-9.15pm at Ernulf Academy coffee bar) for young people in year 7-plus.
Kimbolton Youth Club (Thursdays 6.30-8.30pm at Mandeville Hall, Kimbolton) for young people aged 10-19.
When possible we run holiday activities (eg Proud 2 B Loud and Fun 4 Teens) and would very much welcome ideas and support to do more.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 8 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 9 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road
We already have good links with other agencies including police, CASUS, DIAL, Paines Mill, St Neots Learning Partnership, Huntingdonshire Community Safety Partnership and Huntingdonshire District Council, and are keen to include them in our work to offer advice and support to the young people of St Neots.
Your readers will be aware that local authority funding for youth clubs has been reduced over the last year but we would love our facilities to be more widely used. Were the town council able to allocate to us some of the funds previously intended for the New Street facility, we would be delighted and would then be able to extend our opening hours.
Anyone able to support us with ideas or as a volunteer is most welcome to contact me.
Youth development co-ordinator
St Neots locality team
Cambridgeshire County Council