St Neots man denies drive-by shooting outside town's nightclub
A ST Neots man has pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder in connection with a drive-by shooting outside the town s nightclub. Jack Smith, 27, is accused of being involved with a shooting which led to doorman, Christopher Tann being shot in t
A ST Neots man has pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder in connection with a drive-by shooting outside the town's nightclub.
Jack Smith, 27, is accused of being involved with a shooting which led to doorman, Christopher Tann being shot in the head outside the Unique bar in South Street.
The bouncer survived being hit twice in the head by shotgun pellets during the drive-by in the early hours of December 12.
Smith, of Caravan Park, Cambridge Road, St Neots, was arrested in Oxfordshire after police matched the number plate of his BMW to a vehicle seen at the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (March 26) where he pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to cause an offence.
A trial date was set for September 27.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity