St Neots man denies drive-by shooting outside town's nightclub
A ST Neots man has pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder in connection with a drive-by shooting outside the town s nightclub. Jack Smith, 27, is accused of being involved with a shooting which led to doorman, Christopher Tann being shot in t
A ST Neots man has pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder in connection with a drive-by shooting outside the town's nightclub.
Jack Smith, 27, is accused of being involved with a shooting which led to doorman, Christopher Tann being shot in the head outside the Unique bar in South Street.
The bouncer survived being hit twice in the head by shotgun pellets during the drive-by in the early hours of December 12.
Smith, of Caravan Park, Cambridge Road, St Neots, was arrested in Oxfordshire after police matched the number plate of his BMW to a vehicle seen at the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (March 26) where he pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to cause an offence.
A trial date was set for September 27.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners