St Neots girl has hopes of being crowned Miss England
A FORMER St Neots carnival queen is hoping to fulfil a lifelong ambition later this month by being selected to take part in the Miss England competition. Charli Evans, 21, of Wren Walk, Eynesbury Marina, told The Hunts Post she has had dreams of represen
A FORMER St Neots carnival queen is hoping to fulfil a lifelong ambition later this month by being selected to take part in the Miss England competition.
Charli Evans, 21, of Wren Walk, Eynesbury Marina, told The Hunts Post she has had dreams of representing her country since she was a child.
The former St Neots Community College pupil is one of 40 women selected from 200 as a finalist in Miss Hertfordshire, which is a heat for Miss England.
Miss Evans is eligible to enter the Miss Hertfordshire competition because she works in Stevenage where she is a receptionist at the Premier Inn, which is sponsoring her bid for the crown.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Evans was the St Neots carnival princess in 1995, lady-in-waiting in 2003, St Neots carnival queen and Miss South Midlands in 2005.
She will be taking part in a pageant at Stevenage's Gordon Craig Theatre on May 16. If she does well she will go through the Miss England contest.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
Miss Evans told The Hunts Post "I would really like to go through to Miss England as I have enjoyed taking part in pageants from a young age and it's always been an interest. It is the next step up from the regional competitions and I would love to represent the country.