St Neots girl has hopes of being crowned Miss England
A FORMER St Neots carnival queen is hoping to fulfil a lifelong ambition later this month by being selected to take part in the Miss England competition. Charli Evans, 21, of Wren Walk, Eynesbury Marina, told The Hunts Post she has had dreams of represen
A FORMER St Neots carnival queen is hoping to fulfil a lifelong ambition later this month by being selected to take part in the Miss England competition.
Charli Evans, 21, of Wren Walk, Eynesbury Marina, told The Hunts Post she has had dreams of representing her country since she was a child.
The former St Neots Community College pupil is one of 40 women selected from 200 as a finalist in Miss Hertfordshire, which is a heat for Miss England.
Miss Evans is eligible to enter the Miss Hertfordshire competition because she works in Stevenage where she is a receptionist at the Premier Inn, which is sponsoring her bid for the crown.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Evans was the St Neots carnival princess in 1995, lady-in-waiting in 2003, St Neots carnival queen and Miss South Midlands in 2005.
She will be taking part in a pageant at Stevenage's Gordon Craig Theatre on May 16. If she does well she will go through the Miss England contest.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Miss Evans told The Hunts Post "I would really like to go through to Miss England as I have enjoyed taking part in pageants from a young age and it's always been an interest. It is the next step up from the regional competitions and I would love to represent the country.