St Neots Community College has many great qualities
I AM writing in response to the latest reports about St Neots Community College. As a student at the college I am very aware of the current situation with our school, however, I feel there is a great deal of injustice played by the media. There are many
I AM writing in response to the latest reports about St Neots Community College.
As a student at the college I am very aware of the current situation with our school, however, I feel there is a great deal of injustice played by the media.
There are many great qualities about our school and the staff and students within it.
Mr Forrester [the former headteacher] came to our school two years ago with great ambitions and a realistic, level head that we needed, but sadly all did not work out.
I would like to point out that the care for his students and determination to succeed remained paramount throughout. It has to be said that without the patience of him and his staff, especially the wonderfully dedicated pastoral team we have, I would not have been able to finish Year 11 and get the GCSEs I did, it is for this reason that I write.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is a good school to be at after being at another school within the local area where I did not feel the same morale and atmosphere that is here. I hope that the reports do not deter any parents who are thinking about enrolling their children into this school.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
St Neots Community College has a characteristic that I am almost certain no other school has: to treat all students as individuals, not as their candidate number on their exam paper or as a mere statistic in the data, but as a human being.
Despite the contrasting evidence there are, and I stress 'are', many great teachers at this school who work tirelessly with students to make them the best that they can be. They push for excellence whether it be within the college in lessons or out in other aspects of students lives. There is a great rapport between the staff and students which provides a sense of safety and protection that is needed at any school.
I hope this letter clarifies that St Neots Community College is not a school to be frowned upon as you drive past but to be taken with a bit of consideration as the teachers and students work very hard to overcome these challenges we are temporarily facing.
Sixth form student
St Neots Community College