St Neots Community College has many great qualities
I AM writing in response to the latest reports about St Neots Community College. As a student at the college I am very aware of the current situation with our school, however, I feel there is a great deal of injustice played by the media. There are many
I AM writing in response to the latest reports about St Neots Community College.
As a student at the college I am very aware of the current situation with our school, however, I feel there is a great deal of injustice played by the media.
There are many great qualities about our school and the staff and students within it.
Mr Forrester [the former headteacher] came to our school two years ago with great ambitions and a realistic, level head that we needed, but sadly all did not work out.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to point out that the care for his students and determination to succeed remained paramount throughout. It has to be said that without the patience of him and his staff, especially the wonderfully dedicated pastoral team we have, I would not have been able to finish Year 11 and get the GCSEs I did, it is for this reason that I write.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is a good school to be at after being at another school within the local area where I did not feel the same morale and atmosphere that is here. I hope that the reports do not deter any parents who are thinking about enrolling their children into this school.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters
St Neots Community College has a characteristic that I am almost certain no other school has: to treat all students as individuals, not as their candidate number on their exam paper or as a mere statistic in the data, but as a human being.
Despite the contrasting evidence there are, and I stress 'are', many great teachers at this school who work tirelessly with students to make them the best that they can be. They push for excellence whether it be within the college in lessons or out in other aspects of students lives. There is a great rapport between the staff and students which provides a sense of safety and protection that is needed at any school.
I hope this letter clarifies that St Neots Community College is not a school to be frowned upon as you drive past but to be taken with a bit of consideration as the teachers and students work very hard to overcome these challenges we are temporarily facing.
Sixth form student
St Neots Community College