St Neots Community College has many great qualities
I AM writing in response to the latest reports about St Neots Community College. As a student at the college I am very aware of the current situation with our school, however, I feel there is a great deal of injustice played by the media. There are many
I AM writing in response to the latest reports about St Neots Community College.
As a student at the college I am very aware of the current situation with our school, however, I feel there is a great deal of injustice played by the media.
There are many great qualities about our school and the staff and students within it.
Mr Forrester [the former headteacher] came to our school two years ago with great ambitions and a realistic, level head that we needed, but sadly all did not work out.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to point out that the care for his students and determination to succeed remained paramount throughout. It has to be said that without the patience of him and his staff, especially the wonderfully dedicated pastoral team we have, I would not have been able to finish Year 11 and get the GCSEs I did, it is for this reason that I write.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is a good school to be at after being at another school within the local area where I did not feel the same morale and atmosphere that is here. I hope that the reports do not deter any parents who are thinking about enrolling their children into this school.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
St Neots Community College has a characteristic that I am almost certain no other school has: to treat all students as individuals, not as their candidate number on their exam paper or as a mere statistic in the data, but as a human being.
Despite the contrasting evidence there are, and I stress 'are', many great teachers at this school who work tirelessly with students to make them the best that they can be. They push for excellence whether it be within the college in lessons or out in other aspects of students lives. There is a great rapport between the staff and students which provides a sense of safety and protection that is needed at any school.
I hope this letter clarifies that St Neots Community College is not a school to be frowned upon as you drive past but to be taken with a bit of consideration as the teachers and students work very hard to overcome these challenges we are temporarily facing.
Sixth form student
St Neots Community College